Teaching English in Secondary Schools (TESS) (MA) - Summer 2015 Cohort
Tentative course schedule
Click on a course title to view the course description (if available).
Topic: Teaching Shakespeare in Secondary Schools
Topic: Inquiry into American Literature
Topic: The Short Story
Courses to be determined, as selected in consultation with English graduate faculty and TESS cohort students. Six units of coursework (two courses) to be completed.
Examples of courses offered in the past (3 units each):
- Early American Literature
- Genre Seminar: Frontiers of Non-Fiction
- Genre Seminar: Teaching Contemporary Poetry
- Iowa Writing Project workshops offered at the 6000-level
- Performance and Technology in English Teaching