Teaching English in Secondary Schools (TESS) (MA) - Spring 2018 Cohort
Tentative course schedule
Click on a course title to view the course description (if available).
Topic: Teaching Shakespeare in Secondary Schools
Spring 2019 through Spring 2020 -- 18 unit(s)
Courses to be determined, as selected in consultation with English graduate faculty and TESS cohort students. Six units of coursework (two courses) to be completed each summer; three units of coursework (one course) to be completed each fall and spring.
Examples of courses offered in the past (3 units each):
- Genre Seminar: Frontiers of Non-Fiction
- Genre Seminar: The Short Story
- Genre Seminar: Teaching Contemporary Poetry
- Performance and Technology in English Teaching
- Seminar in Literature: Inquiry in American Literature
- Teaching Literature: Considerations & Complications