Teaching English in Secondary Schools (TESS) (MA) - Spring 2018 Cohort
Tentative course schedule
Click on a course title to view the course description (if available).
Adobe Connect sessions: Wednesdays; March 21 - May 2
One week on campus - tentatively scheduled June 11-15 (continuation of Spring 2018 workshop course).
Topic: Young Adult Literature
Topic: The Short Story
Topic: Teaching Shakespeare
Topic: Teaching Creative Nonfiction
Fall 2019 through Summer 2020
Courses to be determined, as selected in consultation with English graduate faculty and TESS cohort students. Three units of coursework (one course) to be completed in the fall and spring; six units of coursework (two courses) to be completed in the summer.
Examples of courses offered in the past (3 units each):
- Genre Seminar: Teaching Contemporary Poetry
- Iowa Writing Project workshop
- Issues in English Education
- Seminar in Literature: Inquiry in American Literature
- Teaching Literature: Considerations and Complications
- Teaching Multicultural Composition and Literature